- Flow: 7,500+ gph (28,000+ lph)
- Power Consumption: 10-60 Watts
- Tank Range: 120-1,000+ gal (450-3,800 liters)
- Max Glass Thickness: 0.375-1.00 inches (9.5-26 mm)
In an aquarium, having the right amount of flow is crucial to the health of the ecosystem. With VorTech QuietDrive choosing the correct water circulation equipment has never been easier.
VorTech pumps are designed by aquarists to be the gold standard for providing flow in marine aquariums. When it comes to broad yet gentle flow, the VorTech design is unmatched.
- Create massive water movement
- No coral damaging “hot spots”
- Natural Gyre
- Tank-wide flow patterns
- Precise control of water movement
At the heart of the VorTech’s success is its unique, patented, magnetically coupled design.
- No distractions from the beauty of the tank and its inhabitants
- No wires in the aquarium
- No unwanted heat added to the water column
- No risk of electrical discharge harming people or marine life
- No hassle when it comes to installing, relocating or cleaning the power head
- Lagoon Mode - Lagoon mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle currents of a lagoon.
- Reef Crest Mode - Reef Crest Random mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surging tide. This is a favorite of SPS coral.
- Gyre Mode - Gyre mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and *counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours.**Alternating directional gyre requires multiple pumps.
- Short Pulse Mode - Short Pulse mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform high and low levels pulsing at a selected interval between 0.2 seconds and 2 seconds.
- Tidal Swell Mode - Tidal Swell mode (TSM) creates a harmonic balance reminiscent of the changing flow conditions found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic to calm, followed by a detritus-clearing surge at the very end of the cycle. The flow direction will change direction every cycle.
- Nutrient Transport Mode - Nutrient Transport mode (NTM) creates circulation in a two-phase program. The first phase uses wave motion to stir up detritus. The second phase follows wit a surging motion to move the detritus into the overflow and out of the aquarium. This mode promotes maximum health, nutrient export and increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS.
Always use the online HTML editor to compose perfect articles for your website!
- Feed Mode - At the touch of the button, all VorTech wirelessly enabled pumps will temporarily pause their current mode and idle allowing food to be added to the tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
- Night Mode - Pumps can be enabled to run a gentler night time program simulating calmer ocean conditions for night time hours.
- Wave Auto-Tune - Create a standing wave in your aquarium and demonstrate the true power of the fully operational VorTech QuietDrive control system.
- Multi-Pump Communication - All “w” denominated VorTech pumps come with an RF module installed. The RF module will allow up to 8 “w” pumps of any type to work together in sync, anti-sync or coordinated modes.
- EcoSmart Live via Mobile Device - All “w” denominated VorTech pumps are compatible with ReefLink. ReefLink provides completely wireless access to the world of EcoSmart Live, the web-based aquarium command center from EcoTech Marine.
- Battery Backup Mode - Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens. The power goes out… Vectra pumps are compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup accessory.
Ecosmart Live Compatible
EcoSmart Live is EcoTech Marine’s web-based aquarium command center. It allows you to control your Vectra pumps, VorTech pumps and RadionLED lighting from anywhere in the world through a computer or mobile device (iOS and Android supported). EcoSmart Live is loaded with features such as setup guides, flow and lighting wizards, specialty modes, and the ability to create new modes with just the click of a mouse or tap of a finger.
Get real time information about your lighting and pumps or wirelessly update your product’s firmware. Having issues getting the coral growth that you expect? Our award winning customer service staff can log into your account and suggest changes for you.
Battery Backup Compatible
In an aquarium with no flow, fish and corals can begin to die in as little as 4 to 10 hours. The Battery Backup is reef tank insurance in an aluminum housing.
By adding the Battery Backup**, your tank is insulated from power interruptions, helping protect your valuable investment -and your tank inhabitants.
*Hours are estimated and will vary depending on battery life, pump mode, and other factors.